Thursday, September 22, 2005

My "Real World" Experience

This one's for all you college students out there. . . and for all of you who were, at one time, college students!

It is incredible the way I have found my perspective and view of the world to change as I have left the "college bubble" to enter what many call "the real world." In college, there were only few distinct moments I can recall knowing, actually knowing what was going on in the world. I remember sitting on my roomate's chair in my dormroom freshman year watching the horrific sight of the second plane hitting the second World Trade Center tower. I remember hanging out in my dorm room with Amy, Marcus, and Ben watching the 2004 Presidental Elections until the wee hours of the morning. Other than those two experiences, my life revolved around what events took place on campus or life experiences that myself or people in close proximity to me lived through.

Today, and most every day of the week, I sit at my computer and I am astonished. Our world is so full of everyday events, national news, and huge displays of GOD ALMIGHTY. As I read the update for today, Thursday September 22nd 2005, it is obvious to me that God wants the glory! He wants the fear and trembling of people in this generation, as well as those past and yet to come. And greater yet, He wants sin to be KILLED, for sin in our lives to be put to death. I have often pondered on topics of mass-destruction: the World Trade Center/Pentagon/Pennsylvania terrorism, the tsunami in Southern Asia, the bombings in Japan and London, the earthquakes in Chile, tornados destroying entire towns, and hurricanes that rip through the greatest cities in America? I have especially thought long on whhhhy, for what purpose? Though I will never know, I have my own ideas of what might be occuring. In all my years of walking with the LORD and living through the ups and downs of life, I have seen and I believe that nothing is outside of the will or hands of God. Though destroyed and demolished, God will restore and build up again-stronger than before. I think of Southern Asia and my mind sees: poverty, caste systems, child and women forced-sex industries, Buddhism, Hinduism, idol worship, self-mutilation, and people selling themselves to everything but the LORD GOD. I think this was a wake-up call and an oppportunity for God to show that He WILL destroy if it means it can be rebuilt stronger. God has opened wide the doors of opportunity for countless people to share Jesus Christ and salvation with the lost, confused, and hurt people in that region. It is already spreading, and I cant wait to WAIT on God, to see His purposes played out in this region of the world. And do we as Americans think we are that lucky, that we will miss out on the righteous anger and purposes of God??? I love the verse that says "The proud will be humbled before the LORD..." I believe that God uses "nature" to wake people up! The horrific events of September 11th, Hurricane Katrina, and possibly Hurricane Rita are just small, small ways that God is trying to get our attention! WAKE UP, O MY PEOPLE! TURN YOUR BACKS ON IDOLS, MATERIALISM! RUN TO ME AND WORSHIP ME! And rightly so, my goodness! If entire communities and people groups can be wiped off of this earth in the span of less than a minute, who are we to think we can control the days of our lives?

This season of being in the "real world" has taught me many more things, but that is a blog to come. These thoughts have been reeling in my mind all day, and I had to find some relief! Before i go, I do want to say that this is in NO WAY intended to nullify or sting those who lost loved ones in these tragedies. That is still an aspect I cannot fully comprehend. The only thing I can do is remember that my God chose to give of His own flesh and blood, His own soul and spirit, HIS OWN SON as a sacrifice for so many people. There had to be a pure sacrifice for salvation and freedom to come. He sacrificed an innocent, holy, and sinless man for the sins of the world. Before, only select few people were able to walk with God, to experience Him or hear of Him. Now, because of DEATH of Jesus, everyone who chooses and confesses can live in relationship with the living God any time, any day, any way and all the time, no questions asked. Why would I question why God chooses innocent people to die? I must believe it is for a greater plan than I can fully grasp in this lifetime. I just want to portray that we serve an AWESOME GOD, and if we dont serve Him now, He will COMMAND it of us when we meet Him face to face when this world ends and we enter eternity.

Thank you, O my Jesus for saving me and for redeeming me. I thank you even more God, that you have a plan to redeem your world, the world that YOU created. You deserve our worship and our lives. Thank you for letting me exit college life and enter this new season. Without that, I would have continued to live in a bubble. I pray that you would constantly change the seasons of all our lives, that we might be dropped on our faces and given the opportunity to once again depend on you rather than ourselves. You are WORTHY Jesus. Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. WoRthY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home