Friday, February 17, 2006

Revelation 12:11

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death."

This is my new verse for LIFE. I LOVE it. It's full of power - power of Jesus, power of the Spirit.
***********************************************************************************

So, I love the way the Lord breaks into my everyday life. Like today - giving me this verse as I randomly ran into it online, reading about someone else's life. And how He is so close and near to me, so intimate with me. I am struggling with a bit of winter blues. Just feeling lonely, missing my friends, wanting companionship 24-7 but not having time for it, feeling lonely at work, and missing the sunshine. Im just blue! Yet even still, God has prepared a way for me. Tonight, Im heading to a retreat where I'll be making myself available to women; to pray for them, to spend time with them, to have fun with them, and to share my life with them. Even though Im a "leader" - Im assuming God will teach me more than I can ever hope to do for others. And in three weeks, Marcus and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary (whoa- yay!) up north, doing something we've never done: we're going skiing and snowboarding! It's good and needed to try something new with the one you love, something neither of you have ever done before. We're hoping anyway! And then there are two weekends we've been offered a trip to a marriage retreat. We might even just do both retreats! We always need to learn more, to be in fellowship with others, and to grow as a couple, as one.

So God is really making love, opportunity, and Himself available to me in the coming weeks. I just pray I will continue to give glory to Him, and to hold out for the ultimate prize. Even though these days are lonely, they are short in comparison to the everlasting life I will get to spend in His company for eternity.

Thanks Lord. You've made my day. You've made my whole life. You've made me.

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Hey Kelli! I like "Lord, You made my day!" It has a couple of meanings. :)

May God bless the days He gives you.

-dc

 
At 2/18/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Joanna Kay said...

Kelli! Girl, it's been too long since we've talked... Thanks for such a cool blog. I love how you make me think. I can't wait to hear and read all the things God will be and is teaching you in the days He has allotted for you. May you be blessed and may you be satisfied in Him and no one else (sorry Marcus :)) today. I love you!

 
At 2/20/2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Love you too sista!
Did you ask me once how to change the pic on your blog? I can tell you - send an email to remind me. I cant recall if it was you or another someone...sorry! lemme know.

PS-The RoJo Coffee...yeah. Huge, and I mean HUGE hit in the office. Everyone wants to know how to get more. Hopefully they're serious. It was so fun to bless them and to buy from your brother and Rochelle. Good stuff. Marcus drinks his every day. Yum! (I mean, yum scent. I dont like coffee. Sorry. :) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home