Thursday, September 22, 2005

This World is NOT My Home...

I have chosen this picture to depict my GREATEST DREAM. Wouldn't it me amazing, simply a-to-the-mazing, if everyone on earth lived their lives with this mentality? Oh, yeah... let me fill you in...

1 Kings 13:7 "Then the king said to the man of God, "Come home with me and refresh yourself, and I will give you a reward.""

John 18:36 "Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." "

1 Peter 2:11a "Dear brothers and sisters, you are foreigners and aliens here..."

Wow. Think about that. Do you really, honestly, whole-heartedly live like these people on the right? I want to start my life running like Im running away from this world and its ways and heading straight into the arms of God. Let's join the traffic, my fellow Jesus-Freaks, and go after it!

God, thank you for such a neat picture of what it could look like if we were all running after you, all on the same road headed in the same direction. I pray it becomes a traffic jam, that there are SO MANY people on the road to LIFE that it is jam packed!

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 9:48 PM, Blogger Alisa said...

I agree that this world is not our home, BUT that highway looks pretty broad and smooth and paved and easily travelled.....

To say it would be amazing, "if everyone on earth lived their lives with this mentality?' is eerily familiar. Do a word find on the usage of the term 'the many' and see what you find. I did and it's at: http://thejesustribe.blogspot.com/2005/04/manypart-1.html
if you want to read it. We are supposed to be a peculiar people, following Jesus, not the crowd.

I love reading your posts, but be careful what you wish for;^)

Blessings, Alisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home