Wednesday, October 19, 2005

God Provides

Wow, here is a blog entry that I never published...but it's worth it.

So today I was reading a "stranger's" blog. She left a comment on my blog, I linked up to her blog, and now it's like being a close friend...to a stranger! How ironic is that? Blogs really make the world smaller.

Anyways...

She is really frustrated about not finding a job since moving from the midwest to the California coast. I would feel the same way. In fact, I have felt the same way, and I know many people who could pipe in right about now. That got me thinking of how much I have seen God provide.

Even though I could share a hundred stories, I will share the most recent. My husband and I were both feeling strapped on cash. (Funny random interjection: what does that mean really...feeling "strapped on cash"? I welcome any suggestions.) We were still able to pay our bills, get the loan payments in, etc. But we were starting to wonder "God, how are we going to buy food and other basics this month? It's almost gone!" That very day, God showed me how it works! It's all HIM, it is never ME or US. It's HIM. My accounts payable lady came up to me and told me that there had been a mistake...too much money had been deducted from my last paycheck for health insurance. So she intended to pay the difference on this paycheck...and it was just enough money that God revealed to me how truly and uniquely and mysteriously He wants and WILL provide for his peeps.

So, this one goes out to you, Princess. Yes, you know who you are. God is watching over you, as always. You are loved whatever you go through. (I stole that from a song on the radio today) He is going to get you that job, but in the meantime-He's got another part of the "adventure" of life to take you on!

Thanks God. You provide my words and my breath daily. You are beautiful, my sweet Savior.

2 Comments:

At 10/22/2005 3:49 PM, Blogger the princess said...

oh my gosh, I so embarrassed, I mean, not in a bad way!!! I guess I mean, I'm *flattered* that you mentioned me on your blog!!!

I have to say though, that God really provides b/c Monday I went to apply for a waitressing job at a busy restaurant in California, it was actually in Disneyland, and they totally snobbed me, they said, "you have to have at least two years of experience, etc." and I have only worked as a server for a summer, a couple years ago. I was frustrated though, because I thought it would be much easier to move here and just find something temporary (like waitressing, or a temp job) right away.

So, when I was driving back, I felt very angry at God. I said to him, "God, you can't just sent someone out and not provide for them! *You* have to provide, God!" I got quite demanding, actually.

I decided to stop at the bank because I wanted to go to Starbuck's and I didn't have any cash. Then I drove across the street to Starbuck's, even though I was unemployed and probably needed to be saving my money, I felt that Starbuck's didn't count. plus, I really needed some coffee. And when I was ordering Brooke from the temp agency called. She said she needed someone to start tomorrow 8:30 a.m.(she had sent someone that day who was not working out) working for a mortgage co.

So, that is the job that I started Tues. a.m., and it has been working out thus far really well.

The ironic thing was that after Brooke called and I committed to the temp job for the mortgage co., I got *two other calls* that day, one for an interview, and another one for another temp job, and also two e-mails about prospective jobs. It was awesome.

 
At 10/24/2005 7:52 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

SO, yeah, God is FAITHFUL! I just want everyone to know it who reads this post!

Im really excited for you. Praise God.

I also want to give you an FYI. Starbucks is a great place of employment if all else fails. They even offer health insurance. So if you still need a job soon, check em out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home