Thursday, April 06, 2006

New Seasons

Spring is bringing an entirely new season into Midwest USA, but it is also bringing in a whole new season of my life! So many things are changing, so much is coming alive inside of me.

To read more - check out http://www.xanga.com/kelbel82.

On another note - I have been overwhelmingly excited about my new "blog family." I've been networking with a few really awesome people, and it's awesome for one fact - they are challenging me to grow, to refocus my priorities, to acknowledge aspects of my life that need to change, to seek the Lord more fervently. It's very exciting.

Two new things I see changing in my near future (as of this week. Subject to change the next!):
  1. Learning to curb our spending and use our money more wisely
  2. Pray more specifically and intercede more often on behalf of those I told I'd pray for
  3. Start learning to sew - oh man...this is a big one. I've got ideas in my head, creative things I want to make - and I want to be more creative instead of spending money for clothes and other items that I can easily make from my own home.
  4. Seek the Lord specifically for what to do after Marcus finishes school in December
  5. Learning calligraphy
  6. Paint and draw more often - it is therapeutic and allows me to think and process without talking too much or having emotional outbursts
  7. Stop sitting in front of the TV and start cleaning, decorating, and cooking like I want to
  8. Getting outside daily (unless it's rainy like today might be) and rollerblading, walking, or running
  9. Getting more involved and connecting with more people around me
  10. Fasting - start the practice and learn more about it. Why would God have me fast? I've done it before - but is it something to have more frequently in my week-to-week life? I want to know and discover and experience.

Thanks for reading, faithful friends. Blogging has been a great relief of my thoughts, feelings, questions. I've come to realize my 20's might be the greatest decade of discovery in my life. And I dont say that lightly. I think it's very true.

3 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Erin said...

You'll be sewing in no time! Really.

 
At 4/07/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

I had a nice long conversation last night with my mother in law...oh, never mind - I already emailed it to you!

I'm excited and hopeful to get my fingers busy sewing and creating things in my head into what lies in front of me. It'll be fun!

 
At 4/07/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Dez Darlyn said...

Just look how ambitious you are! Forget those New Years' resolutions, spring is a much more inspiring time to make a list of what we want to accomplish. You have given me the push to come up with a list of my own.

Remember, all things are possible with God's help! You can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home