Friday, March 31, 2006

Life at 14,433 Feet


mt elbert Posted by Picasa

Okay, so I was reminded of this *Majestic* mountain through a fellow blogger's site. AHHH! Isn't he gorgeous??? And we climbed it. All the way to the peak. Before sunrise! What a glorious moment that was.

Mountains and the climb up make me think about life so much more quickly. Anything that's worth seeing or experiencing is WORTH THE PAIN AND WORK that it takes to get there. Seriously. I hope I never forget that lesson. I think the greatest thing pushing Marcus and I to climb them all is the lessons learned and the wisdom and understanding gained from the experience up the mountain.

PS-Get this. Apparently there's a peak (might be Lincoln) in the long list of 14ers that is privately owned. Apparently the owner is closing down the mountain! I didnt even know this could be done. The government is trying to get to the oil or something natural that has to do with this mountain. On one hand - good, let's preserve nature. On the other hand, any one of us going for the goal of climbing all 14ers might be cut short by this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home