Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lessons of Truth

Today I've learned a few things about pointing out the sin in others.

Please read Matthew 7:3 (or the whole chapter for context) before going on. Click on the title of this blog for a link to the scripture online. The focus here is really on this verse, so it makes no sense unless you've read it...

It's not so easy to notice a speck. It's almost like we have to go looking for it. Sometimes, we'll just catch a glimpse of something that doesnt appear to be quite right, and then we investigate, hoping to find the thing that could be "off". That is what it's like! We look for it, we perceive that it's there, and we finally see that it is there. It consumes us!

Then the other issue is the log in our own eye. How in the WORLD do we look past a log? It's the easiest thing to see, you cant hardly miss a log in the known world. It's not really something that we have to look for. It's just THERE. We can fully observe that it's there, without much effort in looking.

Isnt it interesting that we can look past the log, the obvious thing in the way, and start examining and searching until we find that itty bitty little speck in the other person's eye?
Wow, what a revelation for me. This has challenged me to start asking God to give me new eyes, that I might see those logs in my life before I go searching and examining the other person.

PS-for those of you who are married or preparing to get married or who have hopes that one day you may be married, this is a great lesson to learn NOW. Just ask Marcus, my husband...the greatest annoyance might be communication, but second to that he would honestly tell you that he hates that I pick him apart sometimes, like he cant do anything right. Well, it's because Im "speck-hunting"! I have learned a great lesson today.

I hope this spurs many others on. I desire for truth to be kept in the inmost being, and this is a new one for me. What joy to walk with the Lord! Every day there's something to learn...
Blessings-
KB

2 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 9:38 PM, Blogger the princess said...

this is a really good blog, and I'm serious. keep writing.

 
At 10/31/2005 7:43 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Wow, thanks. Writing is my favorite release of what's in my mind...so it's fun to receive a comment like that.

Im standing on Psalm 115:1.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home