Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Reasons Why

Have you ever wondered WHY we have to experience heartache, loss, grief, or pain? I have often wondered why, especially when those feelings are so fresh and very real. Well I think I have discovered the reason (even if you dont agree with me!), and I'd like to share briefly.

Last night I was talking with my good friend Sarah-she's the gal on the left in the picture-as we often do every other week or so. Sarah and I have known each other for about 2 years now, and I cant remember a single conversation with this woman that I didnt experience a flashback with. Let me further explain: almost all that Sarah has talked about, experienced, thought, and felt during these last couple years, I myself have been through at one point or another. Last night, as I listened to Sarah talk of the aches in her heart and the longings in her soul, I felt Sarah, not physically, but somehow I really felt what she was going through. Because I HAVE BEEN THERE TOO.

That's when I fully realized that maybe, just maybe, a lot of what we go through has two-fold purpose. First, I believe God intends for suffering to draw us nearer and closer to intimacy with Himself, to teach us to walk as Christ walked (that's a whole other thought). Secondly, I believe God mysteriously connects us with people later on in life who will need someone to understand them. Not just to sympathize with them, but to really know because of experience. Maybe we are intended to feel these aches not to hurt us or bring us down, but instead to prepare us to HELP SOMEONE ELSE when they are in a time of need, going through the same aches and pains.

Sarah-I have said it before, and I will say it again in prayer "GOD WILL YOU PLEEEEEEASE KEEP GIVING ME TOUGH SITUATIONS TO GO THROUGH IF IT WILL MEAN I CAN RELATE TO WOMEN LIKE SARAH. " My life is full of much more purpose and grace and understanding towards others when moments like that happen. I am so very thankful for your vulnerable heart, and Im grateful God would grace us and ordain our footsteps just right so that we met at college and have the friendship we have. What a might God we serve. I pray I will have this outlook every time life gets hard. It's worth it, girl. It's worth it.

Psalm 119:25-32 Constantly reminds me of you, friend...
"I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."

3 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 7:05 PM, Blogger the princess said...

wow, beautiful picture : )

 
At 11/09/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Can you tell I love pics? Im a visual learner.

 
At 11/09/2005 7:56 PM, Blogger the princess said...

I'm a visual learner, too! that's why I love biology/science.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home