Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lessons From Others

Seriously, I'm beginning to think we are ALL in community with each other. All us who read each other's blogs, who gain information, insight, respect, knowledge, and anything else from the words on the pages of others.

I wanted to list some things I'm thinking/learning as I did my "daily reading" of my long list of blog and xanga spots today:
  • Joshua 4:20-end of chapter. How can I set up stones in my house? I want to leave a family legacy. I have an itch to speak to each member of my extended family
  • Japan - I stumbled upon a new blog spot today. Man, my heart is ALIVE for that country. To read about the souls of people, the loneliness and double lives people live, the heartache and desire for God that lives within each of us, to see the alleys and streets of towns where children rummage through garbage...could God have a future for us on these streets?
  • What does it really mean to live as "Christ in me"? I've been challenged to face lies I never even knew I was believing...might post more on this one later
  • Read more C.S. Lewis books...even though challenging - man, that guy had a heart of expressing things in ways that catch my soul and spirit...
  • Make a goals sheet and stick to it. Last year, my friends Nicole and Jen let me in on a little secret endeavor they were partaking in. We created posterboards with every week of the year on it and split the weeks into new goals. I want to create logical, realistic goals for myself that I can reach in hopes of getting healthy again and doing the things I say I want to do but never take initiative in: walking, drinking enough water in a day, reading, praying for people, trying something new, etc.
  • "It's easier to be an excessive fanatic than it is to be consistently faithful." - Oswald Chambers. I've been challenged about life in general. Sometimes, God gives us drive and passion and we run after something with our whole hearts. It's awesome! Things happen! And other times in life, God intends for us to work hard at what we're doing, to faithfully give ourselves in the little things, even when nothing seems to result from our efforts. It is so much easier to do the first than the latter. But I want to be good in both, with Christ's power in me.
  • The war in Iraq is real - lives are at stake, people are dying, and I want to know more. I dont want to complain or make statements without knowing what's really going on. I want to have empathy for people serving there, and I want empathy for people who want this war to end.
  • I want to take another roadtrip. Thanks, Holly, for sharing your pictures. I love Southwest America...seriously.
  • Heartbreak is worth it. Thanks a.n.s. and j.k.s. for faithfully obeying the Lord and walking in obedience - to end relationships that are not helping you, for walking by FAITH that there could be something better out there...

Alright. Enough of my random thoughts. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home