Wednesday, April 19, 2006

FINALLY! A New Post

I have a sense of silence in my life right now. Not so much outwardly or if you talk with me in person - but in the world of blogging - silence. I dont know why. I cant explain it. I just feel like my passionate words, opinions, and need to write have settled for the time being. Perhaps it's the investment in other things. There's been a lot happening in my life. Check it out:
  • Car hunting! The time has finally come to get a new car. We're on a low budget, looking for a used car with low mileage and gets good mpg on the open road, since we travel a lot. If anyone out there has any suggestions or options - I'll take it!
  • Family Trauma: My grandpa has been having his chemotherapy treaments to attack his ongoing battle with lung cancer. On top of that, my grandma had a freak accident and landed in the hospital for 7 days. Easter was spent in the hospital and running with the punches with plans changing. Another relative in my family is causing a lot of drama and she was uninvited to Easter dinner. Is it ever going to end? My prayer and hope is that she will see ways she needs to change, and that my family will not push her away but draw her close, even when she's outrageous and ridiculous.
  • Restlessness: Im thankful for a place to live, but I'm getting a HUGE itch to get out. I just wrote an entire page and deleted it - I was ranting! If anyone wants to know why - just ask.
  • Church: I'm very, very excited. Recently we've been attending Prairie Ridge in Ankeny - we wanted to strike out on our own, away from people we knew - but we've not found "home" in another church. After many conversations, we're gonna give this one a try for awhile. And at the EXACT time of our decision (how interesting and PERFECT is God's timing?) good friends of ours that are married called and asked where we were going to church - we mentioned our hearts and decision, and they too are considering trying the Ridge for awhile. It's awesome to be like-minded with friends, with people who also agree in giving a church at least 4-5 weeks before really making a decision to try someplace else or to get involved. We're very, very excited for this new season. I'm also reading an awesome book called "Organic Church" - God is teaching me to enjoy the moment and the churches around me, but to seek Him for deeper issues I have with church. who knows what will happen...
  • Missions: OH MAN. I just finished listening to the GREATEST sermon on CD. Brad Boozer is a man who spoke at the Perspectives course in Iowa City last month. He talked about missions and it blew me away. Absolutely. It spoke to the stir in me, it reminded me and refreshed me with a new fire and zeal for the nations, and it gave Marcus and I confirmation and purpose behind the heart we have to GO. Go to the nations. Expend our lives on behalf of people who have never heard of Jesus Christ. Very exciting. Let me know if you want a copy - it's waaaay good.
  • Running: Recently Marcus began training and running consistently. He's working towards a 1/2 Marathon in July! woop woop! I started to run too - just recently, on my own. God is reminding me how good it feels to train my body, and how many spiritual analagies and lessons I learn from that time on the open road with Him. It's like such a sweet time that God impresses things on my heart. And when He doesnt, it's great to run to the pace of David Crowder's voice. So fun. I'd like to run races again - train to be a consistent runner. Hopefully this drive persists...

Okay - I gotta go. Lunch time. Thanks for reading. Derek - thanks for reminding me that it's been so long! I'll try and do better and post more often...

Later!

3 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Derek said...

You need a Swift ;)

he he!

Thanks for the post...gave me a good read this morning. WORD UP

 
At 4/24/2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Kel said...

Anyone who is reading Organic Church is someone I'd like to sit down and get to know over a cuppa

I just read that and The Jesus Way over summer - I enjoyed reading the books of someone who can put into words some of my own journey

count me in for hanging around and getting to know you via blogland

 
At 4/25/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Angie said...

can i get a copy of that sermon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home