Thursday, December 29, 2005

Best Friend

Jo,

Okay, so I know I said I was going to stop writing "to" someone, but I thought I'd make an exception!

I just want you to know that the old saying is true "Absense makes the heart grow fonder." Even though we didnt "see" each other a whole lot, we still talk a lot, ever since I met you in 2003. And ever since you moved to Japan, God has been stirring my heart about the importance of our friendship.

You are my best friend, Jo.

Marcus is probably my best friend, but somehow, that doesnt count! Nothing can compare to a best-girl-friend. You are IT, my dear. Thanks for sticking by me through all my sin, my crap, and for rejoicing with the good in my life. I hope that these next two years lead to nothing less than a stronger friendship than before you left. You are a blessing and a light unto the world. SHINE my friend, and SHINE BRIGHTLY. Stand at the top of a hill, and let no bush or breath of satan blow you out. You get out there and do your thang! :) And remember what I said in my email - I am praying those things specifically, and I believe God has given us friendship at this time in our lives very intentionally. There is greater reason than you or I know.

I love you deeply, my good friend.

PS-For some reason, I am remembering that time we spent crying after an early-in-the-summer SNASM, when we talked to Drew. Remember? Remember how we felt so helpless? I feel like God wants to reveal to us something GREAT this year...something HUGE and MIGHTY. Maybe God wants do to the greater than we can even ask for or imagine. Do we dare hope and pray for it to blossom forth? I think you know the answer...missing you friend, but knowing you and I are in the right place for this season.

2 Comments:

At 12/29/2005 6:54 PM, Blogger Joanna Kay said...

Kelli, I can not help but think of the Shunammite woman in 2 Kings 4 starting in verse 8! I know we've talked about this before but I feel like so often I "keep" dreams and hopes locked inside my heart for fear that if I dare say them out loud, they won't come true. And then I will have revealed my true heart for nothing, and I will be wounded and disappointed... so the story goes that the woman dreams of having a son. And it happens through Elisha's blessing... but she says at one point, "Don't mislead me" (v.16)
Kel, I think it is crucial to "dare hope and pray for it to blossom"! Although it is scary to "put ourselves out there" it is good for us to trust the Lord, even for what we truly long for. I think our desires are something God gives us, when we walk in Him... and not evil intentions. Your blog was a HUGE blessing to me and an answer to a prayer I've been praying for many years, for a woman who would be my best friend and understand me... little did I know we'd be so far apart. It is good, my friend, to have this time to call out to the Lord for each other.
Thanks for letting me *approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that (I may ask on your behalf to) receive mercy and find grace to help (you) in our time of need*. (Heb.4:16) I love you so!!

 
At 12/30/2005 8:04 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Girl, God is awesome! He's the knot that keeps us tied as friends, even when our ends of the ropes are on different continents.

Blessings be upon you, for your wisdom and obedience to Christ. Im excited for what this next year will hold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home