Thursday, December 08, 2005

Let it Snow...

So, today I drove to work with Marcus. It was snowing and slippery, and we couldnt very well see the road ahead of us, so we decided to take the interstate instead of the back roads. Once we hit I-35, we were gonners. Driving to work usually takes about 40 minutes, tops. Today - one hour and forty-five minutes. Yep. Stuck in traffic. Probably averaged about 10-15 miles per hour. Saw about 5 to 10 different cars in a wreck; saw lots of loose tire and car parts strewn all over the roads. Not a good day for driving.

If we thought that was bad...I heard from my brother in law, who lives about 20 minutes from his place of work. Took him over an hour to get to work today! Snow is crazy. Driving is crazy.

Ah, the joys of a winter in Iowa.

3 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 10:06 PM, Blogger the princess said...

wow, I forgot what it was like to drive in the snow!

 
At 12/09/2005 1:40 AM, Blogger Holly said...

totally! it is a crazy snow day here in iowa city too. the last snow that fell was really pretty sparkly snow. BEAUTIFUL! although it did take me 40 minutes to drive a distance that usually takes me 7. it is never good when it would take you less time to walk.

 
At 12/09/2005 2:59 PM, Blogger Kelli B said...

It's craaaaazzzaaayy!

Holly, are you going to Joanna's house this weekend for her going away party? I hope to see you there! Marcus and I roadtripping with Paul to Illinois, we're jazzed up about it! See ya...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home