Monday, January 09, 2006

The Desire to Be Known and to Make Known

So today, I found another random blogger on the web. Her blerp beside her description, part of it, reads:
"I am passionate about learning people's spiritual stories--how we got where we are, how we keep going and what we dream of becoming. "

My immediate reaction to this was "Wow, I like this girl. Sounds interesting." So I read up on her blog posts, and left my two cents worth in her comments. Then I got to thinking...

And it hit me. This thought came out of nowhere, but it's repeating itself in my head, over and over again. "I WANT TO BE KNOWN." The more I think about it, the more I believe that this just may be everyone's desire - that we be known. Not just the oh-his or her-name-is-..... kind of known. But the deep, intimate understanding and relationship attaining knowing of who someone is. It's just got me thinking about why this woman's words stuck out to me so much. And I realize, my heart was thinking "she is interested in me. Even though she doesnt have a clue who I am, she wants to know my story! Wow. Someone is interested? And I want to tell someone!"

Is that wierd? I dont know. I think something deep down inside of me was brought to the surface today when I read those words. And it has also inspired me to take more initiative in contacting others, getting to know their stories, what makes them tick. To catch back up with lost friends, ask people how they are really doing. It goes both ways. What an enlightening day.

2 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger the princess said...

welcome back to the blogging world!

I think this would be "desire for intimacy." Another thought, God knows us really, really well--better than we know ourselves. He created us!

 
At 1/18/2006 7:51 PM, Blogger the princess said...

I know, I always wanted someone to ask me what it was like to work in the E.R., which was something that I really, really cared about. Like, I wanted someone to know that whole *side of my life*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home