Wednesday, March 15, 2006

All In A Day's Work

Today has looked nothing like I'd expected it to look. I love the random events one day here can bring! Today started with some sparkling cider, red carpet, a hollywood star, and a director's chair. What-the-heck-for, one might ask. Well, one of the guys I work with entered a local "48-hour film" contest back in the summer of '05. In just 48 hours after drawing their genre from a hat, him and his friend set out to create one of the funniest 4-7 minute movies I have ever seen. It was hilarious! Mimes of the Prairie, it was called. Anyways...they won the local contest and entered a second film for the next round. Then it came time for the National 48-Hour Film Festival held out in San Jose, California. So he flew out there, and who would've thunk - his video about the mimes won FIRST PLACE! Out of hundreds and hundreds of videos...totally awesome. So we suprised him with a little welcoming party this morning.

Then I spent at least 2 straight hours talking to my good friend. More "typing" online, but I'd still call it a conversation. Is it bad that I didnt get a thing done? I dont feel too guilty about it. And what is my "work" in this world anyway? I would hope it's to take care of people, to have my real giftings of encouragement and mercy - my spiritual gifts - be used instead of my gifts of "attention to detail" and etc. Sometimes, people in need who are on the verge of things and who are breaking down emotionally just take a little more precidence than displays and money. That's my opinion though. It was the sweetest conversation.

And then I had an epiphany. (sp?) All this time I sit here at work just dreaming and yearning for the "big adventure" my heart feels called to participate in. To get out of this office and get into LIFE. But today I realized, LIFE is happening. I'm alive! I'm experiencing others' experiences through their stories and pictures. And I get to be a part of the GRAND ADVENTURE that pulls us all together into one great story. For example, today I got to be a part of film, of a niche someone has out there, a talent of story-making and picture. It is awesome! I got to "meet" Jerry Rice - well, I didnt, but I heard the story and felt like I was right there with him! And I get to experience another culture b/c of the stories I hear from friends over there and the prayers I pray for people I will never even meet. Same goes for students in Colorado, Iowa, Arizona, and all over the country - just b/c I am involved in someone's life and their stories. And I get to be a part of a family right here. I get to watch my niece grow up. I get to celebrate and mourn the life of a man everyone loved and lost. I get to see my sisters on vacation. I have so much! And everyone around me has so much to offer, and each person whether they know it or not, changes and challenges me to grow, and we all run together in the "bigger picture" of what God has created for our lives. I may be out there a bit - but I just feel such a deep peace about my life. God is in control. I might sit on the sidelines and cheer everyone else on doing things I might dream about doing - but I am no less a part of the big adventure. I believe that to be true. And when God calls me to get in the game in a new way - to take a new position, I will praise the Lord for every moment. I'll eat it up, I'll endure the pain and struggles of it because I have gotten to watch and see what a privelage it is to PLAY. Lord I want to play! I want to play in this game of life. I pray you make me stronger, build my spiritual muscles, build my convictions and root truth in my life. Then, when it's time, call me out Lord. Put me in position and give me another task. I will DO it, Lord. I will Go where you send me. Thank you for sending me here. The lessons I'm learning in this season are priceless...I could not learn them doing what I would have chosen for my life. Thank you Lord. Thanks for this Great Adventure.

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Joanna Kay said...

Thanks for not only playing but being one of the best cheerleaders a girl could ever ask for.

 
At 3/16/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Yeah Yeah! I love it. Thanks for your comments.

 
At 7/11/2006 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
» »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home