Thursday, March 09, 2006

Isn't God AMAZING???

This email came to me this morning. A story to encourage you as you pursue/are pursued by God today:

Kelli,
I'm not sure if you ever knew this, maybe you did. I can't remember if you did or not. :) Well, I was just reading through your blog and the last thing you said was that you regreted not being an RA long enough. Well, I just wanted to encourage you with something. The person that took your spot was Amanda Walston. Before she was an RA, she was not a believer. But because of the people that were in her life and lived across the floor from her (Laura Meyer and Amye Anderson) she came to know Christ the first year she was an RA. I was her small group leader this year at the women's retreat and let me tell you she has had a radical transformation. She told me on the way to the retreat (we carpooled together) that she had taken your place. She didn't know who you were, but she had found out later that you had prayed for the next RA that would be in that room. Well, hun, you're prayers for the next RA in that room were answered mightily! She is such a huge blessing and beautiful woman in the Lord. If you had become an RA the next year, Amanda would not have gotten the experience to live next to those two girls and work with Jade who encouraged her to go to Main Event, where she ended up giving her life to Jesus. So, you may regret not being an RA for a second year, but Praise God that you didn't because God used that decision in a way to bring someone to Himself.

I know that this was a really random email, but I really wanted to email you and here's my excuse! :) So let me know how Monday night worked out when you have the time! I'll talk to you later!

your sista,
Sarah G

Sarah - your words could not have come at a more perfect time. Thank you for sharing - I never, ever, ever knew that! Wow. God is so much greater than me, so much in control of even the intricate pushes and hesitations in my spirit, and He has a plan that far exceeds my greatest thoughts or desires! When I was praying for the next RA to take my place, I prayed God would make His home in that room, that His spirit would invade the life and heart of that woman. God is FAITHFUL and I want to shout it from the rooftops today!!! PRAISE GOD! I am sooo humbled, so humbled by the Lord today. That our prayers would be heard, that He would move His hand in such a mighty way...I want to pray fervently forever, even though I may never hear stories like this, of how God connects our prayers and makes reality happen in the hearts of men and women around us.

You've blessed me indeed. I love you deeply, friend. I'm glad we can live this life and share in our experiences of God together, even from a distance.

4 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Dez Darlyn said...

Yes, God is amazing and faithful! He has been doing an immense work in my life. I'd like to join you in shouting from the rooftops. I call those connections like you talk about in this post--miracles. We have miracles happening every day, we just have to open our spiritual eyes to see them. The Lord answers prayer, always. Hallelulia!

 
At 3/11/2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelli, Thank you so much for posting this story! What a sweet testimony to how God works, and how awesome that you were able to hear of it from your friend. My heart was melted by these words. May this keep you encouraged and may it encourage others to fight the good fight and press on as never before whether in IA or Japan, etc. I love reading your blog and getting to know you. Have a blessed day! :)

 
At 3/11/2006 11:03 PM, Blogger Mark D said...

God is so faithful - even when we never hear of how He worked it out. It sure is nice now and then when we get a glimpse of how He answers prayer even when we are not there to see it.

 
At 3/13/2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Hey Kelli,

You don't know me but I feel like I know you from hearing Joanna gush about you while we were building our support teams for Japan.

I just set up an account on Blogger to keep my team informed while I'm here and Joanna answered a question I had by forwarding an e mail of your to me.

So my second hand friend thanks for the second hand help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home