Monday, March 13, 2006

1 Year

We made it! This Saturday, my husband Marcus and I celebrated our ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! It's super-hard to believe it's been a whole year. It's flown by. Fast. But it's so exciting! My life has changed at a rapid pace since 2004. Just goes to show we never really know what God may have in store for us. I can try and plan out my life, even the next day - but it never goes exactly as I plan. I'm learning that as I keep my hands open and my grip on my life loose, God moves in amazing, mysterious, and intricate ways.

For the enjoyment of myself and any others who may read this, here's a list (incomplete) of some fun and not-so-fun things about our weekend away! Enjoy!

The "Not-So-Good's":
1. Driving a truck with bad gas mileage and paying more for gas in big cities
2. The internet makes hotels look greater than they really are - dont be deceived by photos!
3. The pool-a joke. 2 or 3 people, and there was no more room for others.
4. The scent of old man lingering in our room
5. No complimentary breakfast
6. The long drive home when you just wanna be home

The "Yay!-This-Was-Good's":
1. "Modern" furniture, though small and rigid, is actually very comfortable!
2. IKEA! I could spend all my money there...classy items for a great price
3. R.E.I. and the new member of our family - the Hubba Hubba three-season tent! 2 vestibules, great colors, 4 pounds and it's great for hiking. We scored a deal with our yearly dividend, 20% discount, and giftcards from Christmas!
4. Irish Dance Studios - we saw a sweet performance on Saturday at the Mall of America. Makes me fall more in love with other cultures/people in this world.
5. Forever 21 - clothes that cover me and make me feel good about who I am for a discount price!
6. Big Cities - I love Minneapolis!
7. Greater Diversity - I love Minneapolis b/c of the many faces from around the world you can meet, all over the place. We saw/conversed with people from France, Japan, Korea, etc. Many people live in the city now, but it's just so great to be in that crowd again!
8. Rollercoasters! There's a new one at the MOA, and Marcus actually rode it with me. It was AWESOME! It was that or the log-ride (we could only afford one ride) so I think we made the best choice. :)
9. SHARKS! I faced my greatest fears: drowning and sharkbites. Sure, we were protected by the glass of the aquarium. But yikes! They are so freaky. Just freaky.
10. My husband and making memories. It's fun to go somewhere new together. I'm glad we can laugh until we cry. I'm glad I can cry in front of him w/out feeling foolish when Sara Groves sings to my soul and makes me weep. I'm glad we can share intimacy with each other and the Lord. I'm glad we can respect each other's need for alonetime. I'm glad to discuss thoughts and truths and build each other up. I'm glad for "The Treasure Principle" and "Organic Church" and for the ways God stretches our understanding of giving and the church. I'm glad for forgiveness. I'm most of all glad for the last 52 weeks of our life. We are surely blessed.

That's it. Until next time...

2 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Holly said...

woo hoo! congratulations you guys! and kel, got that link up for ya. ;)

 
At 3/14/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Kelli B said...

hey holly! thanks friend. Sorry about the accident - i hope you make it to Phoenix safely from here!!!

Hey-I have a friend in Phoenix...you'll have to meet her. She ROCKS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home