Wednesday, April 26, 2006

When Opportunity Knocks

I have never been one to take part in anything like a "movement" or a "protest" or even an event that will draw awareness. The biggest thing I might have done was Run for the Roses (raises $$$ for arthritis research) and Relay for Life (raises $$$ for cancer research and people). But now I have an opportunity to do something to RAISE AWARENESS.

Check this out:

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/theMovement/globalNightCommute/?location=IOWA+-+Des+Moines

I'm actually considering participating - just because my heart longs to DO SOMETHING, and because it's happening like 10 miles from where I live, and because I want to learn how it feels to at least have TRIED to make a difference. By joining with others, I can stand up for something I believe in. Something worth fighting for. Even though I cant go to these countries and I cant stand up against the enemies of innocent men, women, and children - I can join together with other like-minded strangers and show someone that I care.

Anyone want to join me? Seriously - I am asking for real. Lemme know. This Saturday - all nigth long. 7pm to 7am. DSM. And we'll be walkin. Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home