Friday, November 11, 2005

Dreams...

I have been having many, many more vivid dreams than I remember having in the past. I think Im going to start writing them down and saving them so if ever I find myself in a situation, or talking to someone else in a situation, and my dreams MEAN something - I can help.

Your thoughts? Why do we dream? What do they mean? I have heard opinion upon opinion of how to "read" dreams, but none have ever proven to be completely true in all cases. Often, I just find myself believing that God can still speak to us through our dreams as He did to people of the Bible.

So my most recent VIVID dream, you ask? I had a dream early this week that I was preparing for a cross country match, like when I used to run in high school. I was pulling my hair back and noticed that it was thinning at an incredible rate. When I had pulled my hair into a ponytail, I stepped out of the locker room and heard screams and one of the girls pulled me over to a mirror. Along the left side of my head (my left side) under my hair you could see the scalp. I took my ponytail down, lifted the hair up on that side, and was shocked to see two gaping holes in my head. They werent holes, more like craters, with a dark space in the middle, but they were DEEP. And they hurt. Everyone ran away from me. I went to another room to see the nurse, but she left while I was still in the waiting room. Finally, other girls started to come in, and it ended up actually being a prayer room, and gals I'd known in college were on their knees and praying in the darknes. I joined them and fell on my face...

And that's mostly what I remember. Wierd, huH? I have my own explainations and fears of what it all means, but I will trust the Lord and write it down for now.

Food for thought...

2 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 4:49 PM, Blogger the princess said...

Hmmm, I think that the particular dream is interesting, and obviously has some prophetic symbolism...

with the "holes in your head" could it symbolize some kind of "missing knowledge" about something? that is my best guess at this point.

do you have any further ideas of what it could mean?

God Bless,

J.P.

 
At 11/12/2005 3:21 PM, Blogger the princess said...

some further thought, maybe it could symbolize missing knowledge of the prophetic? I don't know though--just throwing that out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home