Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My Vacation

I have returned! It's interesting how being away last week felt so good, but now that Im back in the office and "real life" it feels like I never had a vacation. Just cant win in this world...

But I did want to share a fun photo of my time in Colorado. Typical day for me: hiking, eating, and sleeping! God did use those days for His glory. I loved Sunday service at Rocky Mountain Calvary in Colorado Springs...wow, what a powerful place of worship. I love learning straight from the Word of God. The Word literally broke me to tears, and Im so thankful for Laura and her listening, forgiving heart. (She's in the picture here) Other days, I had some sweet conversations with my friends, I got to see the Air Force Academy once again and walk the property. It's a whole other world out there! Spent some good time at Nav Headquarters. And the whole time my head was in the clouds....

I desire greatly to be in full-time ministry. Yikes, my heart SCREAMS out for it! Last week really spurred Marcus and I on into conversations about seriously taking action with our lives. What are we doing? What are we living for? We have come to a few decisions that will be beginning in 2006. We are praying and desiring God to move us forward. He definately inspires our hearts in adventurous ways...so watch out! I will have updates in the next few months.

Mwah! Laura, that's an e-kiss, my friend. I love you and miss you! :)

6 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 1:52 PM, Blogger the princess said...

welcome back!

 
At 12/01/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Sweet thanks!

Hey, I'd love to hear more of what you're learning about the persecuted church. I constantly want to be aware of things happening in the church around the world.

I'll look forward to reading more about it on your blog.

 
At 12/01/2005 11:51 AM, Blogger the princess said...

Kelli,

I would like to e-mail you some things later tonight--I don't know if I'm "over-reacting" but some things totally shock me!!! I mean--I had absolutely no idea that some of these things were occuring! It never gets reported on the evening news, you know.

I'm beginning to understand why, but I think I am more informed when I read/listen to "Christian news" (like about the persecuted church) because so many things we would never hear about from ABC/NBC, etc.

 
At 12/01/2005 4:17 PM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Agreed. Yes please email me! Have you ever heard of the magazine called "Voice of the Martyrs"? I used to read that when I house-sat for a couple a few summers back. It was hard to read sometimes, but it was informing, like you're talking about.

So yeah...looking forward to the email.

 
At 12/02/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Kelly,

Yes, this is Holly Bartlett. Sorry, I did not check my blog forever! My Xanga site is http://www.xanga.com/hollbear16.
See you on the Blog.

Holly

 
At 12/05/2005 1:15 PM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Hey Holly! I will check out your other site. I've noticed you havent updated your blog, stinker! :) Xanga works too-i'll be there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home