Friday, January 27, 2006

The Lord is Near to Me

Wow. I was blown away last night in my quiet time. I am constantly amazed at how God is so near to the heart that beats within me. He confirms again and again that He is the one that makes my heart beat the way it does, for the things it beats for. He is the dream-giver, the inspiration maker, the Lord of my life. Last night I began a new study about the names of the Lord. I am very excited to know my God in new ways, to study deeply the Names that He is crowned by, and the power that lies within them. So here's the very first passage the study looks at:

"May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high! May He send you help from the sanctuary and support you from Zion! May He remember all your meal offerings and find your burnt offering acceptable!
Selah.
May He grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your counsel! We will sing for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the Lord saves His annointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Some boast in chariots and some in horses, but we will boast in the name of the Lord our God. They have bowed down and fallen, but we have risen and stood upright. Save, O Lord; may the King answer us in the day we call." -Psalm 20

WOW.

I cant even being to describe how much this passage meets me right where Im at in my life! Here are a few ways that this verse did just that:
  • The name of the Lord is what sets us secure, it's what we trust in
  • Our "meal offerings" and "burnt offering" - what we give to the Lord, the fruits of our labors, the sacrifices for His sake - He finds them acceptable!
  • God WANTS to grant us our heart's desire - I trust it's when our desires are His will.
  • "counsel" actually means "Purpose". To me, I read that God will fulfill all of our purpose on this earth - our lives are not in vain, not to just live and die - but to fulfill a purpose. That inspires me.
  • God will fulfill all our petitions - what perfect timing as I am praying specifically for so many of my friends. God WILL ANSWER.
  • "victory" actually means "salvation". I am trusting God for the salvation of many, especially for Kie from Japan. And from his right hand - Jesus Christ is at the right hand of God. Oh Jesus, will you save those you've chosen...
  • He answers us in the day we call. I will not stop praying, knowing that today God will answer - maybe it's like a puzzle. We pray, and pray and pray. And then the puzzle is completed by God - He with His mighty strength takes the fragrant offerings of prayer with His will and His timing and creates and ANSWER, often unique and not exactly what we think it'll look like. I love the mysteries of God...

So. Im pretty stoked. God pretty much spurred my heart on towards even greater diligence in praying for these friends, and in seeking more of who He is and what powers are held in His name.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home